Apple Cream Danish for Breakfast
If you are looking for an easy breakfast treat, look no further. This Apple Cream Cheese Danish is as easy as it gets.
This is a treat that the kids can even help out with. From start to finish, this can be ready to eat in less than 20 minutes.
Delicious crescent dinner rolls make up the base for this tasty breakfast treat!
The next time you need a fast breakfast or just don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, whip up a batch of these delicious apple cream cheese danish!
Ingredients For Apple Cream Cheese Danish
- 1Can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup plus 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- apple pie filling
Preparing the Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the crescent dough from it's can. (Do not separate or unroll)
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll into 8 equal pieces and lay 2" aprat on a cookie sheet.
- Press the centers down and spread out to approx. 3" in diameter making an indention in th ecenter to hold your filling. (We used an ice cream scoop bottom but if you want to impress guest you might want to use the back of a spoon or your fingers and make the edges crinkled.)
- Using a small bowl mix the cream cheese and 4 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar until creamy.
- Add approx. 2 Tsp of cream cheese mix to the center of each roll and spread to fill the center.
- Top your cream cheese filling with apple pie filling.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes or until the crust are turning golden brown. Allow them to set on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes after removing them.
- Mix 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 2 Tsp of milk and drizzle over the top. The cooler the danish get the less melting the topping will experience.
- Drizzle the mix over the danish and enjoy your tasty treats!
Note: To make the topping thicker, try one Tsp of milk and see if you like the texture before adding the second.
Be sure to indulge in this wonderful and tasty cream cheese danish for at least on of your easy breakfast treets.
The recipe is printable and be sure to visit our other Apple Recipes.