These Chocolate Chip Brownies are a great dessert. Soft and chewy and delicious! If you have had good day reward yourself with a big batch of these! Actually, if you have not had a good day you can still reward yourself with a batch and make your day better! 🙂
We just like chocolate stuff here at Back Roads Living! Both of these have that element, chocolate. How can you go wrong? A large glass of milk or cup of good coffee and well, it is just hard to beat for a sweet snack!
Ingredients for: Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Cooking Spray for greasing the pan
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour. (sifted)
- 4 – Medium / large eggs
- 2 – Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 – Cup sugar. (sifted)
- 1¼ – Cups cocoa. (sifted)
- 1 – Cup brown sugar. (sifted)
- 8 ounces melted butter
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix for: Chocolate Chip Brownies
Ingredients for: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup softened margarine or butter (One baker prefers margarine to butter for this recipe. They said it seems to make the consistency better somehow.) We use butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz chocolate chips (Extra for when they are done)
Directions for: : Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix all dry ingredients until well blended
- Add your wet ingredients and mix until blended. ( I beat my egg before adding it)
Directions for: Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325 ºF.
- Grease an 8” square pan with butter and then dust it with flour or use cooking spray.
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs until fluffy and light yellow.
- Stir in both the brown and granulated sugars and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend till you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Add Cookie dough by spooning it on top of the brownies.
- Bake Chocolate Chip Brownies for 45 – 50 minutes.
- If you have extra cookie dough left bake them on a cookie sheet after you remove your brownies. 🙂
- Slip a toothpick/knife into it, and check if it comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Cut and serve..
Cheat Sheet for: Chocolate Chip Brownies
Note: For those of us who get in a rush sometimes and just don’t have the time to make this from scratch, we have the solution! Use one box of Brownie Mix per directions and add to greased pan. Use one package of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and spoon on top and bake as directed above.
Check out some of our other terrific and FREE recipes below. All printable!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
Check out our Affiliate below for all of your baking and cooking needs
Let us know how you like these delicious Chocolate Chip Brownies by leaving a comment below.