I had never been a big fan of Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread until I tried it. Ever been in that boat? Don’t like something just because of the name or looks of it! Well, that was me. This is a delicious recipe for even a lighter version included of this wonderful spread!
Photo and recipe by: Kristen Taylor
I just did not like the looks nor the name! Pimento Cheese Spread! Yuck! Low and behold, after my first Pimento Cheese sandwich I was hooked! My mother’s Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread hooked me! I have tried several others that have been delicious also. This is a very easy recipe to make and enjoy!
Ingredients for: Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread
- 4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened (Use the Low Fat for fewer calories)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar (Use your favorites here)
- 1 cup grated Colby Jack cheese (Use your favorites here)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Use the Low Fat for fewer calories)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pimentos, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt (Kosher is best but regular will do)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper (Fresh ground is best but regular is fine)
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Directions for: Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or you can mix it by hand), beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Spread on whatever your heart desires. Rinds, crackers, breads, etc, Just enjoy! 🙂
Check out out our Affiliate below! 🙂
We hope you enjoy your Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread