Jo's Moist Chocolate Cake
Here at Back Roads Living we love a god moist chocolate cake. This one from our friend Jo, looks delicious!
This was sent to us by one of our Youtube Subscribers! We so appreciate it and look forward to all of you being able to enjoy this delicious moist chocolate cake recipe!
Ingredients for Jo's Moist Chocolate Cake
· 2 cups flour
· 2/3 cup cocoa
· 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 3 eggs
· 1 2/3 cups sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1 1/3 cups water
Directions for Baking
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour 2 - 9" round cake pans.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl for 3 minutes, using the high speed of an electric mixer. Mixture should be smooth and creamy. Reduce speed to low and beat in mayonnaise until blended.
- Add flour mixture in batches, alternating with water, in 4 equal additions (1/4 of the flour, then 1/4 of the water etc). Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the center of the cake springs back when lightly touched or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake is clean when removed. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pans and allow to cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.
- This recipe calls for mayonnaise and not Miracle Whip or another similar salad dressing. I have not substituted salad dressing so I can’t tell you how that would turn out, but Miracle Whip type dressings do have a more tangy flavor than mayo.
Don't forget to visit our other Prepper Recipes while you are here.
Recipe submitted by one of our Youtube, Subscribers, Jo, from The Duck Pond.
If you have recipes you would like to share with us, please Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and send us your recipe by clicking the email like in the YouTube Description Box below any of our videos.
Please feel free to print any of our recipes for your future use.