Butterfinger Poke Cake
This butterfinger poke cake is one of those dishes that you will come back for seconds!
I first thought as I was putting this together that it would be another one of those mediocre cakes that sits around for a while and most of it gets eaten then a little gets thrown out.
Not this one, I had seconds and the wife loves too.
This cake is as easy to make as any other poke cake I have ever undertaken. The topping makes this sweet and has a touch of salt taste as well.
For an all around dessert, give this butterfinger poke cakes try! I don’t think you will be disappointed!
1 Chocolate Box cake
1 Jar of caramel topping
1 Can sweet condensed milk
1 Tub whipped cream topping (Cool Whip will do)
4 plus butterfinger candy bars. Add as many as you like per your taste.
- Mix the box cake and bake per directions.
- Just before the cake is ready to come out of the oven mix the caramel topping and sweet condensed milk together.
- While the cake is still hot, poke holes in it approx. 1” deep and 1” apart.
- Pour the mix of sweet condensed milk and caramel topping over the cake slowly. (Give the mix time to run down into the holes).
- Allow the cake to completely cool.
- Spread the tub of cool whip over the top of the cake.
- Crush 4 or more regular sized butterfinger candy bars and sprinkle over the cool whip.
We cut and ate ours as soon as we added the butterfinger candy bars. It was very good and tasty and more moist than a regular cake because of the caramel and sweetened condensed milk.
We found it very satisfying and we think you will too!
If you like this butterfinger poke cake you will be sure to love our Butterfinger Pie!