This is a make ahead of time cake that features the taste of Mocha. I love Mocha, Chocolates and Coffee! Sometimes I wonder if there is any sweets I don’t like! 🙂
This Mocha Ice Cream Cake is sure to be a pleasure to eat and enjoy. Filled with cookies and Ice cream, yummy! the secret to this Mocha Ice Cream Cake is that it can be frozen! Read Notes below!
Ingredients for Crust: Mocha Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 12 low-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsley ground
- 1 tbsp brewed coffee or water
Ice cream Layers for: Mocha Ice Cream Cake
- 1 pint chocolate sorbet, softened
- 1 1/2 quarts vanillla fat-free ice cream, softened
- 16 chocolate chocolate – chip meringue cookies
- 1 pint coffee low – fat frozen yogurt, softened
- 4 low-fat cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies, cut up into quarters
- 1 cup fat-free hot fudge sauce, warmed
Directions for: Mocha Ice Cream Cake
- Line a 9″ springform pan with 2 sheets of plastic wrap so they extend over the sides 6 inches.
- Mix the ground cookies and coffee and sprinkle evenly in pan.
- Cover with another piece of wrap, press evenly onto the bottom of the pan and remove the top wrap.
- Spread the sorbet over the crust in an even layer.
- Spread half of the ice cream over the sorbet.
- Top evenly with the meringue cookies; press lightly into the ice cream.
- Layer with the remaining ice cream and then the frozen yogurt.
- Cover the cake with the plastic wrap; then wrap it in foil.
- Freeze 8 hours or up to 2 months.
- To serve, let the cake soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, the pan and the wrap.
- Place on plate, top with cookies, serve with sauce and enjoy!
Notes: This cake can be made in advance of a party or celebration and frozen for up to 2 months! Now you have more time to do other things as the event nears! Just remember to set it out 15 minutes before serving.
For Weight Watchers: 1//16 pc of cake with tbsp of sauce is 5 points!
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living again!