This one is a favorite for cast iron cooks! The cast iron gives it a wonderful flavor and as most folks who use cast iron know, you get a good even heat when the skillet is preheated correctly.
Shrimp has long been one of my favorites and I love it just about any way you prepare it!
There are many way to fix shrimp and this is going to become someones favorite!
So without any more ado, let's get to the recipe!
- Bottle of oil for frying the shrimp
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Lb Large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on.
Directions for Orange Coconut Shrimp
1. Pour 4 inches of oil in a large dutch oven and over medium heat bring to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2. You will need 3 shallow bowls for this.
In the first bowl add the flour
In the second bowl add the add the eggs
In the third bowl add coconut, zest, salt, pepper.
Dredge shrimp in flour, shake off excess and dip in eggs and allow to drain then coat with the coconut mix.
3. Best worked in batches. fry shrimp until golden brown, approx 1-2 minutes.
remove and allow to drain on paper towels.
Serve with the Orange Pepper Jelly Dip Recipe below!
Orange Pepper Jelly Dip Recipe
1. Jar pepper jelly (8oz)
1 Teaspoon orange zest
2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice.
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and enjoy!
This Orange Coconut Shrimp Recipe makes approx. 6 - 8 servings.
Be sure to visit our other Recipes for a lot of variety!
We are also giving away 8 Amish and Memonite Bread recipes on our Giveaway page below!