This Beef Stroganoff is a very easy recipe and easy on the budget. Of course you can get this is the pre-made Hamburger Helper boxes but you can also make it yourself and add your favorite ingredients. Homemade is so much better. The picture is a simple dish made with just the bare or necessary ingredients. We will add suggestions for a tastier dish below.
Ingredients for: Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 – Pound Ground Beef
- 1 – Bag of your favorite Pasta or Noodles.
- 1 – Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Optional)
- 1 1/2 – Cups Beef Broth
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 – Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional ingredients for: Beef Stroganoff Recipe
These can be added separately or together depending on your taste.
- 1/2 Green or Red Peppers diced (Add according to your taste)
- Garlic Salt (Add to taste)
- 1/2 Yellow or Red Onion, sliced or diced
- 8 oz mushrooms
Directions for: Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Cook Noodles or Pasta according to bag directions.
- Over medium high heat brown the beef in a skillet until well done. (mix beef while cooking so the chunks are not too big)
- Drain grease from beef.
- Set the ground beef aside and use the skillet to saute your other items.
- Over medium heat add the butter and heat onions, mushrooms and peppers (if using them) until tender then add the garlic to taste (if using).
- Add the flour to your skillet and allow to absorb the butter, add the beef broth and using a whisk beat thoroughly to avoid lumps. Turn heat up to high and allow to boil until it begins to thicken, just a couple of minutes should do the trick.
- Lower temperature to medium and add your sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, stir this until mixed thoroughly. Now season with your choice of garlic, salt, pepper, etc to your taste.
- If your mix gets too thick while boiling just add a little bit more of the beef broth to thin it a little.
- Add your ground beef to the mix and stir until well heated through and thickened to your liking.
- Add beef mixture over noodles or you can do like we do and add the noodles to your beef and stir before serving.
Check out some of our other terrific and FREE recipes below. All printable!
Homemade Beef Stew
Visit our Affiliate for all your baking and cooking needs!
If you have enjoyed this or want to leave your own recipe for Beef Stroganoff drop us a line below!