This is a Re-Post from the other day! This Blackberry Cake with Cream Cheese Filling is one of the recipes that got deleted and I have had request for it. We love our Blackberries here in the South! We fix em any way we can think of and it is usually always good!
Ingredients for Blackberry Cake:
FILLING FOR BLACKBERRY CAKE:
FILLING TOPPER FOR BLACKBERRY CAKE:
1 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, drained thoroughly)
TOPPING FOR BLACKBERRY CAKE:
whipped cream frosting (homemade or your favorite packaged… but not the whipped vanilla flavor.)
large blackberries for decorating (if large, slice the berries in half.)
Directions for Blackberry Cake:
1. Grease two 9-in round baking pans and flour well.
2. In large bowl mix cake mix and jello. Add eggs and yogurt.
3. Pour in oil and wine.
4. Mix on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until all is blended.
5. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured pans, then arrange blackberries on top of both pans of batter. (Berries will sink to bottom while baking.)
6. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.+
FILLING: While cakes are cooling, Blend cream cheese and confectioners sugar together until nice and smooth. Add pie filling and mix well. Now fold in the whipped cream until all blended.
1. Invert first cooled cake onto a cake plate – flat side should be up – and spread the cream cheese filling on top of the inverted cake.
2. Arrange blackberries on top of the filling. Now place second cake on top of the first – flat side should be touching the cream cheese filling – and push down gently to connect both cakes.
3. Frost with whipped cream frosting and decorate with remaining blackberries. NOTE: If you prefer, you can use cream cheese frosting, etc.
4. Slice the cake and enjoy your Blackberry Cake!
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Classic Lemon Cheesecake Woolworth Style No Bake
Chocolate Silk Cream Cheese Pie Delight Recipe
Boxed Devil Food Cake Hack Better Than Deli
Cookies and Cream Brownies Homemade
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake With Pecans
The Healing Powers of Golden Milk, How to Make It