I can’t even imagine how good this will be! German Chocolate and Cream Cheese. Two of my favorite things! Yummy!
A Cheesecake made with German Chocolate, how could it get any better.
Ingredients for German Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German Chocolate cake mix
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed (not margarine)
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions for German Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Gently spoon remaining batter over top; spread to edge of pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks .
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened and a thermometer reads 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla; fold in coconut and pecans.
- Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living