We all love Brownies and these Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies are a melt in your mouth bunch of Brownies. I love Cream Cheese in just about anything and this is no exception!
Ingredients for: Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:
- 1/2 cup, about 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
Topping for: Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- 4oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Directions for: Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Butter and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) pan.
- BROWNIE LAYER: In a large bowl, combine melted butter with sugar, vinegar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, reserving ¼ of a cup of this batter for the swirling effect.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the brownie batter.
- Randomly drop teaspoons of the reserved brownie batter on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Using the tip of a knife, swirl through the white layer to create a swirl effect.
- Place in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again.
Let us know if ya like them! 🙂
Photo from: Chocolate-Dessert-Recipes.com