This Fudge Brownie Cake is that good! This is one of those recipes you are going to absolutely love! If you like chocolate, brownies, or fudge, you are gonna’ love this! I am a huge fan of chocolate and this dish has been such a hit here at Back Roads Living. I got two small pieces of this before it was all gone! The kids (Adult kids) ate it like it was the only food left! I would recommend this to any chocolate lover!
Ingredients for: Fudge Brownie Cake
(See note below for the quickie method)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup of regular sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ounces butter, melted or margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
Ingredients For: Fudge Brownie Cake frosting
- 2 ounces butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce cocoa powder, sifted (1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces evaporated milk (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (8 ounces)
Directions for: Fudge Brownie Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together the butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until good and smooth.
- Stir in toasted nuts.
- Pour this mix into the prepared springform pan.
- While this is baking make your chocolate frosting, cover and set aside.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the marshmallows on top and return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the marshmallows.
- Remove from the oven and carefully spread the chocolate frosting over top.
Directions for: Fudge Brownie Cake frosting
- To make the chocolate frosting mix all the frosting ingredients together in a bowl with only (1) one ounce of the milk.
- Beating with an electric whisk or mixer until smooth and thick. Add milk until desired thickness is reached. Too much milk will make it too thin.
- Spread on the hot marshmallows.
- Set on wire race and let cool completely. (This is so good warm also, it just doesn’t cut a good)
- Cut and serve.
NOTE: If you don’t have time to make it from scratch or you don’t enjoy baking from scratch you can substitute a box of brownie Mix from the grocery for your brownies and warm up a tub of chocolate frosting for the topping. You will still need to do the marshmallows though!
Let us know how you like your Fudge Brownie Cake in the comment window below.
~BLESSINGS TO Y’ALL~
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Be sure to check me out on Google Plus
Be sure to check me out on Pinterest
Be sure to check me out on Twitter
Share the post with your friends by clicking your favorite SOCIAL SITES buttons below! 🙂