Easy Lemon Cobbler Recipe
Easy Lemon Cobbler is an easy recipe to make. Even the little ones could jump in and join the fun with this one!
Delicious, this is how I would describe this dessert. Light and tart together make a wonderful combination of delicious!
Straight forward recipe, most ingredients you will have on hand. The buttermilk is maybe the exception. We made our own.
To make buttermilk, use 1 cup of milk to 1 Tbsp of lemon juice or white vinegar. Either will work. Mix and allow to se for 5 minutes then use immediately.
If you have to make your own buttermilk, go ahead and mix the ingredients and when you are finished putting your other ingredients together it should have been setting about long enough. (5 minutes)
Recipe Ingredients for the Easy Lemon Cobbler
- 1 Cup Flour (We used self rising but you can use Plain)
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter at room temp.
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Lemon Extract
- 21oz Can Lemon Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a 9" X 9" baking dish add butter and place in oven. When butter has melted remove dish and set to the side.
- Whist the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Add sugar and whisk to combine all.
- Add buttermilk, both extracts, and whisk until blended.
- Pour the mixed batter evenly over the butter in the 9" x 9" pan. (Do not stir).
- Next, spoon the lemon pie filling evenly over the batter. (It may sink some but don't worry, it will be fine)
- Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. You want the edges golden brown. (Check at around 35 minutes just in case your oven is different)
- Remove from oven and let cool a little bit before serving.
This one is as easy as our Apple Cobbler, Blackberry Crisp Cobbler and Peach Crisp Cobblers.
This is delicious served warm with topping like cool whip, homemade or store bought or just by itself with milk or coffee!
You might also enjoy this Classic Lemon cheesecake
You might want to check out our Desserts Category by clicking Here or the photo below!
Use the print feature below to print this for later use.
Enjoy and let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below!