Grilled Lemon Chicken
Grilled Lemon Chicken! What a delicious meal with your favorite vegetables or a combination of vegetables and rice. Chicken is such a flexible meat and can be fixed in so many different ways! the great thing about chicken is outside of breaded and fried, chicken it is almost always a low-fat meal! We eat it regularly here at Back Roads Living and have always found numerous way to prepare it! I think this is one you are going to like!
Ingredients for: Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh, is best. 2 lemons worth) You can also use real lemon juice.
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (Fresh is always better, 3-4 cloves) (If ya don’t have fresh you can use it from the jar)
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders or breasts trimmed into large chuncks or strips.
Directions for: Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Line a medium sized bowl with a gallon Ziploc bag, folding the top of the bag over the sides of the bowl. (You can also just use the bag and put it in the bowl alter if you want to.)
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the bag.
- Seal the bag and gently knead the bag from the outside to mix the contents.
- Unseal and put the bag back into the bowl, again folding the top of the bag over the sides of the bowl. (Again, you can do this outside the bowl, put the bag back into the bowl)
- As you trim your chicken tenders or breasts, drop them right into the bag in the bowl. When done, seal the bag up.
- Again, use your hands to gently knead the bag from the outside to mix the marinade and chicken thoroughly.
- Put the bag in the bowl, and place the bowl in the fridge to marinate for 6-8 hours. Leaving the bag in the bowl eliminates a mess if your bag develops a leak while in the refrigerator. You will be glad you did! 🙂
- After marinating, remove chicken from bag and place on grill over direct heat.
- Grill chicken over direct heat for 1 minute each side. Then move to top rack/indirect heat and grill for 8 minutes, flipping part of the way through if desired.
- Discard bag and remaining marinade. Do not reuse.
- Serve with your favorite sides!
NOTE: 3 hours is the minimum to leave in the refrigerator to get the correct flavor. The longer you leave it the better. Overnight is always best if possible to prepare ahead.
Here are a couple of good grills to use for this chicken if you do not already have one. Delivered right to your door! :)!
Let us know how you like your Grilled Lemon Chicken by leaving a comment in the window below!
Grilled Chicken Photo by: Hungry Dudes