In this article we will be showing you how to kill gnats fast because there is nothing as annoying as having pesky gnats as your guests. Whether they are outdoors or indoors, they are not a welcome guest!
Indoors they really become a nuisance and can almost be intolerable at times, depending on how bad the infestation is.
Kitchens and bathrooms seem to be the most targeted areas in the house as they provide the water and food gnats need to survive.
If you want a solution that will help you say goodbye to them for good, you are in the right place.
But what are gnats?
They are small winged insects that look like mosquitoes. Some of them bite while some do not.
There are four types of gnats based on where they breed:
● Fungus gnats – these live in humid areas. They are attracted to the decaying matter found in wet soils. If you find them in the house, they will be in the plant pots.
● Drain gnats – you will find these types in drains, sink pipes, or stagnant water.
● Fruit flies – Ripe and rotten fruits are what attract fruit flies.
● Eye gnats – These are attracted to the fluid that human and animals produce from their eyes, nose, and ears. They have also been linked to spreading pink eye.
Now that we know what they are, how do we get rid of them?
We are going to explore the best products that will help you regain your home.
Here are our top picks for repelling the pests that will leave you wondering where they have been your whole life.
Let’s dig in.
The Fruit Fly Trap will also catch the gnats as well. These traps are designed so they are not a nuisance to you or your family and they are easy on the eyes! The colorful design with the very popular shape lend this to be used after the season for decor purposes as well as for indoors or out!Summit Responsible Solutions Mosquito Bits – Quick Kill, 30 Ounce The feature of the Summit bits is that they do not even give the gnats the chance to grow. Instead of killing the grown flies, it destroys their larvae and stops the cycle right from the beginning. All you need to do is to crash the bits and apply them on the soil where the fungus gnats mostly live.
● The bits kill faster than lightning. Use it today, and tomorrow all the larvae will be dead.
● It is environmentally friendly, so even if other animals eat or drink the water which had the bits, they are safe.
● They dissolve if you use them in water.
● You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
● It takes a bit of work; you have to keep reapplying every two weeks.
● They only kill the larvae.
This is a perfect solution for adult gnats. The BioCare stix pack contains six strips that you can use to trap flies.
It is most suitable for fungus gnats that feed on fungus in the soils which you grow your potted plants.
Its best feature is that while it can catch many gnats, it is also small and will not look unsightly. It is environmentally friendly and will not affect your plants negatively.
● They are easy to install. All you need is to peel and place in your plant pot.
● They can work for over four months.
● The strip remains sticky even when it gets wet when you water your plants.
● They do not have a chemical or another repellant; all you depend on is for the gnats to be attracted to the yellow color. If they are in large numbers, not all of them will get caught.Ever Pest Ultrasonic Mosquito Pest Repellent (4 Pack) – 2018 Insect Rodent Control Plugin Repeller.
Like the name suggests, this repellant works using ultrasonic waves. These are sound waves that are too low for us to hear. In this case, however, the waves irritate the pests and lead them away from your home.
They do not contain any chemical repellants, which makes them suitable for use in a room where people sleep. You can also use them comfortably at night.
To start using it, you need to plug it into an outlet.
● They are kid and pet-friendly (Except for hamsters).
● They are much cheaper and easier to use than diffusers.
● They are noiseless and will not interrupt sleep.
● Once they start working, they are very efficient, and gnats and mosquitoes will be a thing of the past in your home.
● Also the fact that they need to be plugged in means they are not portable.
● The repellant can only work in smaller rooms, and so if your room is large, you may need a few for them to be effective.
● Unlike the other methods we have discussed, this repellant takes about one to two weeks to begin working.
This is a candle made of citronella, which is a plant-based repellent. It is best suited for the outdoors. You can place it on the patio and light it, and the gnats will start to disappear.
● The flame remains on even when there is a breeze.
● It can last up to 40 hours which is a long time.
● It doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals. It only wards off the pests; it doesn’t kill.
● It works within a 150 ft range.
● The flame also burns clean, so you don’t have much cleaning to do after use.
● Its smell may be a bit pungent when you start using the candle.
Pests can be very frustrating to deal with. Gnats no longer have to be your problem. You can also enjoy the peace that comes with knowing you and your family is in a healthy and clean pest-free environment.
The top photo was provided by: EBKauai on Flikr
The Best Web Host for Small Business
How to Boil Corn on the Cob and other Methods
Home Security System Reviews
What do you Know About Dust Mites Bites?
The Best Stop Snoring Products
Groundhog Repellent and Natural Solutions!