Oh, I remember the days of Homemade Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies! These wonderful cookies would come out of the oven and our mouths would just water for them! Oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins, wow what a delicious treat. A big glass of milk and it is overeat time again! Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? Oh so good! 🙂
Photo by: slgckgc
Ingredients for: Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Cups coarsely chopped old fashioned rolled oats (Place in a food processor and pulse)
- 1- 10 oz package cinnamon chips
- 1 Cup raisins or chocolate covered raisins
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Directions for: Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg until well blended.
- Next add water and vanilla extract, beating well and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Stir the flour mixture into batter along with the oats.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips, raisins,and pecans.
- Drop Tablespoons full onto un-greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until set and pale brown. Remove and and let cookies cool on sheet for a minute then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Let us know how you like your Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies in the comment window below.
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Share the post with your friends by clicking your favorite SOCIAL SITES buttons below! 🙂