Orange Chicken Stir Fry with sauce over Rice is something that I have always liked. I have always liked Stir Fried Vegetables with Chicken. The added orange flavor to it always seemed to make it a little better to me. We used to eat out fairly regular and this was one of the dishes we always got from the buffet at the local Restaurant where we ate. So, lets make it at home and enjoy eating in! 🙂
Ingredients for: Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken strips, (cut into 1-1/2” cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil (for frying)
Orange Sauce for: Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- (If you have another one you like better be sure to share it with us!)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions for: Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Dip chicken in beaten egg and shake in
- flour mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry chicken in batches until completely cooked (about 2-3 minutes
- per side).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine 1 1/4 cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice
- vinegar, and soy sauce. Blend well over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, orange
- zest, ginger garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and mix thoroughly . Slowly stir
- cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens. Pour sauce over breaded chicken and garnish with green onions.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Add other Sauteed vegetables as you might like.
Leave a comment below and let us know how how you like your Orange Chicken Stir Fry.