This is a Raspberry Bars recipe we made a little while back. It is the Crumbles Recipe. These are a very tasty recipe that are so easy made and if you like raspberries it will be a delightful treat. These are good with morning coffee or with a cool glass of milk for an evening treat. Regardless of how you serve them I think you will be satisfied with them.
Ingredients for: Raspberry Bars – Crumble Recipe
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and at cool room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped fine (These are optional)
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (frozen can be substituted, just thaw first)
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
Directions for: Raspberry Bars – Crumble Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with tin foil, overlapping on the edges and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well to incorporate a good mix.
- Add 1 cup of butter, 1 piece at a time.
- Mix the butter on low until the crust begins to crumble like sand. (Remember it is a crumbles recipe 🙂 )
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups of crumb mixture (to be used for topping).
- Spread the remaining mixture into the bottom of the foil lined pan, and press down to form a good even crust.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the raspberry preserves or fresh raspberries and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Mash with a fork so you leave bits of berries intact. (Do not over mash and form liquid)
- In a separate bowl, mix together oatmeal, brown sugar, crumb mixture and remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter. Using your fingers, pinch the mixture until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Remove baked crust from oven and immediately spread preserve mixture on top. Then crumble the streusel mixture on top of the berries, covering the top.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until bubbling. Let cool in pan for about an hour. Be sure to cool completely before slicing.
This recipe is a from scratch recipe. You can buy this in a box but I guarantee it will not be as good as this one!
You might want to try some of our other Berry Recipes on the blog by clicking the links below.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Blackberry Cheesecake Recipe
If you have enjoyed this Raspberry Bars – Crumble Recipe leave us a comment below.