This No-Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake Pie is so delicious! Where to begin?
We traditionally make banana pudding from the bake and serve packets and love to eat it while it is still warm with a cold glass of milk.
My wife makes a very good dish of this!
I was looking around online as I do sometimes and came across a recipe on Facebook or somewhere, I really don't remember where I saw it at now?
I looked over the recipe and thought I could adapt it to something we could make here. Not being an instant Banana Pudding family, we didn't know how we would like this recipe. It turned out great!
We decided to make it pretty much as the recipe called for except we didn't have all the ingredients so we had to improvise a little. I will include the original and give you our revisions as we go. This recipe is for a 9" pie plate and it will be a tall one!
We use our 10" Pie Plate so it wouldn't be so tall. This made us adjust the amount of Nilla Wafers for our crust somewhat. We thought the Nilla Wafers might add to the taste since it is banana pudding cheesecake! We used 1 full cup with 8 TBS melted butter instead of a 3/4 Cup. Most 9" crust recipes call for 3/4 cups of your favorite crackers and 6 TBS of melted butter.
This recipe uses a pre-made crust so, no worries unless you don't have one! We have you covered there.
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Cheesecake Pie
- 1 - pre-made, ready to use Graham Cracker or Shortbread crust ( We made our own from Nilla Wafers)
- 2 - Small boxes of Instant Banana Pudding Mix, 3.4oz
- 2 - Cups Half & Half. (We didn't have any so we substituted 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream and 1 Cup Cold Milk. This worked out fine).
- 1 - Bar Softened Cream cheese, room temperature.
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar.
- 1 - Tub Cool Whip Topping, 8oz.
- Nilla Wafers and Bananas for garnish before serving.
Directions for 9" Pie
- In a large bowl add the 2 boxes of banana pudding mix and the half and half. With a whisk stir until creamy. I got mine a little thick but it still worked out fine. Spread 1 1/2 cups of this mix into your pie crust Set the remaining mix aside for later. (Layer #1)
- In another bowl add the sugar and cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Next fold in the tub of cool whip and stir with spatula until combined well. Take half of this mix and add it to the remaining banana pudding mix and stir in until combined well. Add this mix to the pie crust. (Layer #2)
- Take the remained or your cream cheese mix and spread this on top of the 2nd layer. (Layer #3) Spread evenly and cover. Place this in the refrigerator for 4 - 6 hours or overnight.
- As you slice your pie garnish with crushed Nilla Wafer crumbs and a slice or two of banana.
As stated, this makes a tall pie in a 9" crust. You can separate it into 2 crust if you want to but do not change the ingredient measurements to do so. It will make two 9" pies fine. Just divide the mixtures between the two pie crust.
To make a homemade pie crust use your Nilla Wafers or Graham Crackers or Shortbread or whatever you want to use and crush 3/4 cup full into crumbs add 6 TBS melted butter, stir until completely combined and then press into your pie plate.
I think it takes 10-12 Graham Cracker sheets to make this. I didn't count the Nilla Wafers. I just crushed a hand full at a time until I got what I needed. You can use a food processor or storage bag with a rolling pin like we did. they both work fine.
The Pie Crust Recipe can be found Here.
We have several other cheesecake recipes on our site.
You can find them in our Dessert Category.
Watch us make it on our YouTube Channel Below.