This No Bake Lemon Classic Cheesecake taste like the Woolworths Cheesecake.
This is one of the best cheesecakes we have mede here and I am sure the lemon in it is the deciding factor!
The jello is very good also. This has so much going for it, you can't help but like it!
One thing I will do in the future is try to get my jello before it sets to this stage. Although it taste wonderful and has a delightful texture to me, others may find the jello being a bit more solid than the rest of the cheesecake a little out of form.
For my part, it is great. I love biting into the jello, the taste is wonderful. As you can see, it has already been tested several times over! I had to test it twice just to make sure I wasn't being prejudice since I made it! 🙂
If you don't have a crust handy, you can make your own if you have a sleeve of graham crackers. For a normal 9" pie plate you can get by with around 10 for a thin crust. Our pie plate is 10" and we would have actually needed around 14 sheets of graham crackers to make it with sides. We only had one sleeve of 9 crackers so ours is a bottom only crust with no sides. We didn't have any left to garnish the top with! Oh my, this is sadd! I love graham crackers on the top of these wonderful pies!
Ingredients for this Classic Lemon Cheesecake
- 10-12 Graham Cracker Sheets (depending on the size of your pie plate) or a 9" pre-made crust from your grocery.
- 1 Stick Melted Butter.
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream. (You can use 1 can of chilled evaporated milk if you need to)
- 1 8ox Box Cream Cheese. (Softened)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar.
- 5 TBS Lemon Juice.
- 1 3oz Box Instant Lemon Jello.
- 1 Cup Boiling Water.
I promise, if you love cheesecake and or lemon, this will be become one of your all time favorites! The ease of making it and the knowing it will all be eaten and none left to throw out, makes it a recipe worth keeping.
A great one for cookouts, parties, guest, picnics, you name it, you will be the talk of the gathering!
Directions for Classic Lemon Cheesecake
- First thing, dissolve your Jello in the cup of boiling water and put it in the refrigerator to start chilling. This will take a little bit.
- If you don't have a crust, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork until blended well. Press into your pie plate with the flat bottom of a measuring cup or other flat bottom item. Use your fingers to press up the sides of the pie plate. Try to keep it all even throughout. Save a few crumbs to sprinkle on top for garnish.
- Put pie crust in refrigerator for 10--20 minutes before using.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon until smooth.
- In another bowl beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the thickened Jello to the cream cheese mix and fold in. Then add the Whipping cream and fold in.
- Add mix to the pie plate with the graham cracker crust. Smooth out evenly and sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Put in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours. Overnight works great. Be sure to cover before refrigerating.
- Try not to eat it all in the first setting!
Second Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs or approximately 10 - 12 sheets of crackers.
- 7 TBS Butter.
- 3 TBS Sugar. (You can substitute 1 TBS Brown Sugar if you prefer.)
Directions for Pie Crust
- Crush graham crackers. (We used a wooden Rolling Pin with our crackers in a plastic storage bag.)
- Combine the crumbs with your sugar and mix well.
- Add melted butter and mix until well blended. Use in a springform pan, 9 X 13 pan or 9" round pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 10 -20 minutes before using.
Be sure to check out our other No-Bake Dessert Recipes.