We love chocolate and cream cheese here at Back Roads Living. They are both so easy to work with in these no bake desserts. If you search our Recipes Category you will find a lot of no bake recipes like this No-Bake Peanut butter Pie.
We are so happy to introduce you to this chocolate Silk Cream Cheese Pie! I am sure if you are a chocolate lover as we are, you will enjoy it immensely! The flavors and texture are wonderful!
Even Teddy Bears are fond of Chocolate Pies! This pie is a wonderful tasting dessert and smooth as silk. The mix of the cream cheese and chocolate are delightful. Chocolate was discovered around 4000 years ago but interestingly enough, it was not a sweet treat but a bitter one! It was once thought to hold mystical and spiritual qualities.
In the 1500's the Spanish sweetened Chocolate with cane sugar and cinnamon! I say, give those Spaniards a Yahoo! Thank you Spain for bringing this wonderful sweetened treat to us!
Did you know the Spain kept this wonderful sweetening of chocolate a secret for nearly a century? Yup they had a sweet treat that no one else had and were not willing to give it up!
All good things must come to and end! The daughter of the Spanish King Philip III wed French King Louis XIII in 1615 and the secret was out! I sure am glad! 🙂
Ingredients for Chocolate Silk Cream Cheese Pie
- 3 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk (Divided)
- 2 Cups Whipped topping (Divided)
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust ( 9 Inch)
- 1 Package Chocolate Pudding Mix (3.9oz)
Optional: Miniature Chocolate Chips and or crushed nuts such as walnuts.
- Use a small bowl to beat your cream cheese, sugar and one Tsp or milk until smooth. (Beat on medium low for this)
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping and spread into graham cracker crust.
- Using a small bowl mix or whisk pudding mix and remaining milk for 2 minutes. Allow this to set for 2 minutes more or until soft-set.
- Add to top of cream cheese mix in crust. Put in refrigerator and allow to set until well chilled (set).
- Just before you serve this add your whipped topping or nuts or both!
There is a lot of History on Chocolate if you are interested enough to read it.
Thanks for stopping by again and don't forget to visit our Desserts Category for more wonderful No-Bake Treats!