What an item, Cherry Bread. This is a recipe I have got to try! I am not particularly a big fan of cherries but there are several ways when fixed, I like them. I think this is going to be one of those dishes that will remain with you! If you already like cherries, then no doubt this will be a recipe you will keep in you collection.
Ingredients for: Cherry Bread
- 1 – Jar Maraschino Cherries, juice reserved (10 oz.)
- 1 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 – Cup granulated sugar
- 2 – Teaspoons baking powder
- Just a pinch of salt
- 2 – Large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1/4 Cup of the reserved cherry juice (Reserve the remaining 1/4 cup for the glaze.)
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 – Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 – Teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions for: Cherry Bread
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350*
- Grease a 9 X 5 loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Place a strainer over your measuring cup and strain the juice from the cherries.
- Reserve the juice.
- Place the cherries on a cutting board and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to mix these ingredients.
- In the another bowl add the eggs, canola oil, sour cream, cherry juice, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Mix on medium speed until blended.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients a little at a time, mixing completely before each addition.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the cherries (This keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the pan). Reserve 5-7 cherries for the top and fold the remaining cherries into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Place the reserved cherry pieces on the top.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. Check the bread at 50 minutes. It the tester does not come out clean allow the bread to continue baking. (Remember, all ovens cook a little different)
- When the bread is done, set the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the bread and turn it out onto the rack to cook completely.
Check out some of our other recipes below.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Check out our Affiliate by clicking the pictures below
Cherry Bread photo above provided by: bread with cherries
on Free desktop pictures
If you have enjoyed this recipe for Cherry Bread let know by leaving a comment below!