Well, here we have a Cherry Cheesecake. This is a baked item and not the typical one that I make so often and just mix ingredients and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set! Although I love the refrigerated version this is just so good that it needs to be made from time to time so we can appreciate the taste and texture of a really good cheesecake!
Ingredients for: Cherry Cheesecake
The crust for: Cherry Cheesecake
- 1½ cups crushed graham crackers.
- ¼ cup butter (melted )
The filling for: Cherry Cheesecake
- 4 cups cream cheese ( 4 – 8oz packages of your favorite brand)
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The topping for: Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 – can cherry pie topping with whole cherries.
Directions for: Cherry Cheesecake
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter,press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Cream cheese needs to be at room temperature mix thoroughly and get all lumps out. ( a couple of minutes should do on medium speed) Scraped the sides of the mixing bowl as you go to get all the lumps.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with your cream cheese in a mixing bowl until very smooth and well combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Cover the outside bottom and sides of the cake pan with aluminum foil then place in a roasting tray filled with enough water to about half way up the side of the springform pan (Bain-Marie).
- Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 1 hour or until the mixture is firm from the middle when touched by finger.
- Remove from oven and remove the cake tin from the Bain- Marie.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the cake cools, place it in a fridge to chill. Remove from pan add topping and slice.
Note: “Bain-Marie” : Fancy cooking term for a hot water bath! 🙂
Photo of cheesecake by: food cake cherries on Free desktop pictures
Do you need a good Springform Pan.
Thank you for viewing our Cherry Cheesecake Recipe. How do you fix yours?