This Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake looks Heavenly! This recipe is something I have to try. I love anything chocolate and if it is gooey so much the better! A big glass of milk and away we go! Get the recipe now!
I have eaten many of these my mother cooked but not of my own making. It is high time I make one!
Ingredients for:Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 box butter-recipe cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 16 oz. box powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 c. chocolate chips
Con’t forget to hop over to our Recipe Page and check out our other delicious Desserts!
Instructions for: Chocolate Chip Gooey Butter Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Light grease a 9 x 13 in. baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and butter with an electric mixer. Mix well.
- Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla. Dump powdered sugar and beat very well.
- Reduce the speed of mixer and slowly pour in melted butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes (it took me closer to 50 minutes).
- You want to center to be a little gooey, so don’t bake it past that point! Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- If you want to drizzle melted chocolate over the top allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes and then drizzle over.
- Allow to cool for at least another hour and then cut into bars. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Update, this is delicious and a must have recipe in your box!
Chocolate Chip Cake Photo by Kara @ Flickr
I found this Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake Ice Cream Sundae over at Willow Bird Baking and am going to give it a try! It looks delicious and I get to eat it with Ice Cream!!! Yummy!