This Sock it To Me Cinnamon cake Recipe is a different twist than any I have ever made. There are different ways to make it and you can also use gluten free mix if you need to. These can be prepared from scratch or made from a box mix. You can increase the cinnamon taster or you can leave it completely out! If you leave it out, it is no more a cinnamon cake mix! Kinda defeating the purpose huh? I know this sounds kind of wacky but some folks like everything but the cinnamon or are maybe allergic to it. It is a good cake either way! I personally love cinnamon in cakes, pies, cupcakes, etc.
The first recipe I will give you is a box recipe and it of course will be pretty much self explanatory. In most recipes of this nature you just follow the box instructions but this requires a little more effort.
Ingredients for: Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix (If you prefer, Gluten Free)
- 4 – Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Canola Oil (Or oil of your choice)
- 1/2 – Cup sugar
- 1 – Cup Sour Cream
Filling for: Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 – Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 – Cup Pecans, chopped (Optional)
Cake Glaze for: Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- 2 Cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup mixed nuts of your choice (Optional)
Chocolate Glaze. We fudge and une use chocolate cake frosting warmed up! 🙂
- Dribble into a pretty pattern of your choice.
- Use the white glaze followed by the chocolate.
Directions for: Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- Mix cake as directed on box and pour half of it into a greased bundt pan
- Add the filling on top of this.
- Next add remaining cake mix. Gently pour so as not to mix it too much.
- In preheated oven, bake at 350F for approx 1 hour
- NOTE: (I would check at 45 minutes with a toothpick to be sure. All ovens are not alike in baking temps. )
- Makes 12 servings.
NOTE: Remember you can use gluten free flour for this if you need to.
From Scratch yellow cake mix for : Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- 2 – Cups cake flour
- 2 – Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup butter (softened)
- 1 – Cup sugar
- 3 – large eggs, room temperature (Farm fresh is always best) 🙂
- 2 – Tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup milk
Directions for from Scratch: Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until completely combined.
- Slowly add the flour alternately with the milk.
- At end of addition batter should be smooth.
Bake as instructed above.
You might want to check out some of our other cinnamon recipes below.
Cinnamon Sour Cream Cressent Rolls
Don’t forget to check out our Affiliate below for your cake baking needs.
If you have enjoyed this Sock It To Me Cinnamon Cake Recipe or have anything to add just leave us a comment below.