Since my childhood, blackberry dumplings have been a favorite delicacy, owing to my beautiful mum. I still enjoy them for dessert or when I am craving a fast, smooth and sweet dish. These delicious fruits grow naturally in the United States and were, in fact, a staple food for native Americans for quite an extended period. Early European settlers seemed to enjoy them a great deal too.
Try this delicious recipe and blow your family and friends’ taste buds. If you have a sweet tooth as I do, it will definitely make it to one of your favorites. They are readily available in grocery stores countrywide. Here is a guide on how I make mine.
This had 8 ratings and they were all 5 STAR!
Easy Home Made Blackberry Dumplings are Delicious! This has to be another tasty recipe! Fresh Berries just can’t be beat! Blackberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, etc. Any of them are just delicious! Here is a Blackberry Dumplings Recipe I hope you enjoy it a lot! I am going t try this one! I really like the looks of it! Let me know how this turns out if you try it before I do! 🙂
1 Sift the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and mix well.
2 Add the egg, stirring until blended. Add just enough milk to make a stiff batter and mix well.
3 Combine the blackberries, 1 cup sugar, water, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4 Drop the batter 1 spoonful at a time (each spoonful should be 1/6 of the batter) into the boiling blackberry mixture. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
5 Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
The following is another great recipe for Blackberry Dumplings!
Serving: 6 servings from about 12 dumplings
For the blackberry syrup you will need;
• 3 cups of frozen or fresh blackberries
• 2 cups of water
• ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
• ¼ cup of white granulated sugar
For the dumplings you will need;
• 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour. You can choose to use more if you prefer
• 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• ¼ cup of white granulated sugar
• ¾ cup of milk
• Combine the water, sugar, blackberries, and nutmeg in a saucepan, heat and bring to a boil.
• Lower the heat to a medium and cover the saucepan.
• In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredient first and mix them (all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar).
• Add the milk to the flour mixture
• The dough’s consistency should be hard enough to enable you to roll the flour into balls.
• The size of the balls should be similar to that of walnuts. You can flour your hands to make it easier for you to roll the balls.
• Drop in the dumplings inside the saucepan that contains the blackberry syrup
• Cook for about 5 minutes until the dumplings are ready
• Remove from heat
Highly rich in antioxidants, blackberries have been proven to slow down and prevent the growth of cancer cells. The antioxidants are also responsible for boosting your immunity, fighting infections and reducing inflammation. They also contain Manganese which is best known for maintaining healthy brain function including mental health, and a good memory.
Other health benefits associated with blackberries is to promote a beautiful, glowing and healthy skin due to the vitamin C present in them. Vitamin K also present, helps in balancing out your hormones; perfect for PMS symptoms, regulating blood flow and reducing cramps or back pains during your menstrual flow. Lastly, vitamin K is an excellent nutrient for a healthy cardiovascular system.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems or you simply want to unwind with a mouthwatering dessert on a hot day, blackberry dumplings are exactly what you need. We would be delighted to know if you enjoyed this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living again.
The Healing Powers of Golden Milk, How to Make It
Cathead Biscuits Homemade 3 Ingredients
How to Make Perfect Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
Homemade Toffee Chunk Brownie Cookies
Homemade Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
Chocolate Coconut Cake Delight