HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE
This Homemade Pumpkin Pie is a very easy one to fix and has not only been been a staple for Thanksgiving around our home but a year round treat! We enjoy pumpkin pie and fix it year round! If you have access to fresh pumpkin it is of course always better than the can pumpkin. Either way we are sure you are going to like this pumpkin pie!
Ah, fall of the year! A time of festive activities including hay rides, apple butter stir offs, molasses stir offs, etc!
The trees begin to show the most beautiful colors of the year, like the aged person who is wise and full of knowledge, the beauty fills us!
This is also the time when the aroma begins to fill the house again and all those wonderful spices mingle to create an aroma of joy and peace!
I still remember visiting my Aunt many years ago and the smell of all those foods made one anticipate the wonderful meals she cooked and baked. Not the least was the Homemade Pumpkin Pies she made! Oh, how I loved those pies with and without cool whip topping! 🙂
We hope you enjoy the recipe below as it is a tested and tried one and is loved by many!
Ingredients for: Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1- 15 oz. can pumpkin (Or fresh pumpkin)
- 1 1/4 Cup. evaporated milk
- 2 -eggs (beaten)
- 1- Frozen deep-dish pie crust
Directions for: Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pre Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a hour or two. Serve or refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
See, we told ya it was easy! 🙂
Let us know how you like your Homemade Pumpkin Pie in the comment window below.
If you have a recipe or story you would like for us to list just contact us by CLICKING HERE
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
If you have enjoyed our Homemade Pumpkin pie leave us a comment below.