This Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes Recipe is one of those things that you just have to have in your recipe box! Oreo’s are one of those cookies, if we have them in the house they do not get stale! We eat them long before they get the chance! A cold glass of milk and an Oreo, well it is just hard to beat them! Now, let put all that wonderful Oreo taste into a Cupcake! Bet ya can’t eat just one!
Ingredients for: Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- 1 – Box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 – Small box, Chocolate Instant Pudding (3.9oz)
- 1 – Cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 4 – eggs (Farm fresh is always best) Store bought will do!
- 24 – Oreos
Directions for: Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two 12 count muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Place one Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In a medium bowl combine cake mix, chocolate pudding, vegetable oil, milk and eggs.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until incorporated and then continue mixing 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop this batter over top of the Oreos in the liner.
- Bake in preheated for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in muffin pans for 5 minutes until cool enough ot move, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- After the cupcakes are completely cool, frost with Crushed Oreo Frosting.
Icing for: Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- 2 – sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 – Cup vegetable shortening
- 6 – Cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 – Tbsp milk
- 12 Oreo’s, crushed
Directions for Icing: Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- In bowl beat butter and vegetable shortening until creamy.
- Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, scraping down the sides of bowl as you go.
- Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Mix in the crushed Oreos.
- Place icing in piping bag and snip off tip to create a large hole. Swirl icing on top of cupcakes. (You can also use a Baggie for this project by filling the baggie and snipping off one corner..)
- Garnish cupcakes with 1 Oreo cookie on top. (Optional)
Check out some of our other recipes below.
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
Oreo Brownie Recipe
Photo of Oreo Cupcakes above by: cupcakes hd on Free desktop pictures
Check out our Affiliate below for great buys.
Now, get yourself a glass of milk and enjoy a Chocolate Oreo Cupcake! How do you like your Oreo’s? Leave us a comment below!