Oh my, This Pecan Pumpkin Pie looks to die for! We love Pumpkin Pie here at Back Roads Living and this is going to be another one added to our Personal Recipe List! If you like pumpkin pie, how can ya go wrong? Two delicious favorites combined for the upcoming Holidays! Practice now and enjoy before the Holiday!
Ingredients for: Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Can 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Half & Half-and-half
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest (Optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 9” Prepared Pie Shell
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon allspice
Ingredients for: Pecan Pumpkin Pie Topping
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- ¾ Cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
Directions for: Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, pumpkin, and half-and-half together until smooth.
- Add the sugar, flour, lemon zest, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice and stir until evenly blended.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your pie shell. To prevent the edges from burning you can cover them with aluminum foil strips..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the pie is baking prepare the pecan topping by mixing the brown sugar, pecans, and butter together in a bowl until evenly blended.
- After the pie has baked for 20 minutes remove from oven and carefully spoon over the top of the pie.
- Return pie to oven and bake until the topping is golden and bubbly, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, approx 20 minutes more.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Leave us a comment below on how you like your Pecan Pumpkin Pie 🙂
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
Pecan Pumpkin Photo by: tomatoes and friends
If you have enjoyed our Pecan Pumpkin Pie Recipe leave us a comment below or share us with your friends.