This Rocky Road Cake is a delicious and moist Bundt cake. We tried it and liked it very much. This is another cake for the chocolate lover! We here at Back Roads Living are big Chocolate fans and like chocolate on just about everything including the topping on this cake! The topping is negotiable! You can almost always substitute toppings to your own taste on most cakes! This one is no different and as moist as this was, I am sure you will like it with your favorite topping. Go ahead, get wild, enjoy a Rocky Road experience! 🙂
Ingredients for: Rocky Road Cake
- 1 – Box chocolate cake mix, mixed according to package directions. (We recommend the moist cake mix) You can also add and extra egg if you do not have a moist mix. The extra egg will make it moister. 🙂
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips. ( Divided )
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts. ( Divided )
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme (Optional) We used Chocolate frosting.
Directions for: Rocky Road Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 *
- Grease a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray and coat lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl mix cake batter, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt or Tube Pan.
- Bake cake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Remember all ovens do not bake alike, start checking at 45 minutes)
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool about 20 minutes.
- Invert the cake and remove from the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool thoroughly on a wire cooling rack.
- After completely cooled, place on a cake pan or platter for topping.
- (Optional) In a small saucepan, melt marshmallow creme over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cake and top with remaining 2 tablespoons each of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Our Topping, Mix your own chocolate syrup for topping or use warmed dark chocolate cake frosting and drizzle over the cake top and then top with remaining walnuts.
Check out some of our other terrific and FREE recipes below. All printable!
Mississippi Mud Cake
German Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
Lemon Bundt Cake
Stop by and visit our Affiliate below for all your cooking needs.
If you have enjoyed this Rocky Road Cake Recipe or have recommendations leave us a comment below.