This Flourless Chocolate Cake looks so good! Who would have thought to make a cake without flour? This is full of a Chocolate lovers ingredients! Here at Back Roads Living we love chocolate and anytime a new recipe crosses our path that looks like something we want to try, we share it with you all! Do you have recipes you want to share?
Here is a cake full of chocolate and a chocolate topping, this is going to be a hit for you chocolate eating folks. Go ahead, indulge! This Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipes is great for our readers who can’t ingest flour. 🙂
Ingredients: Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 – Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/ 4 – Teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 ounce(1/4 cup) – Unsweetened natural cocoa powder, (sifted if lumpy; more for the pan)
- 12 ounces – Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- 6 ounces(3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into six pieces; more for the pan
Glaze for: Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces(3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
Directions for: Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Pre-Heat oven to 300* and place oven rack in the middle position.
- Prepare a 9 x 2 inch cake pan by lightly buttering the bottom of the pan.
- Next, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Next, lightly butter the parchment paper and sides of pan with butter.
- Dust the pan with cocoa powder, tap out the excess cocoa.
- Melt the Chocolate and butter in a medium bowl over low to medium heat stirring until smooth, or you can use the microwave.
- Remove the bowl of chocolate and allow to cool just a little.
- You will need to use a mixer with a whisk attachment. (Preferably a Stand Mixer)
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt and two teaspoons of water. Beat on medium high speed until this is very foamy and pale in color. It should be about double the volume from the start. (Approx 2 minutes)
- Now lower the speed to low and slowly add the chocolate mix. As you add the mix increase the mixer speed back to medium until the ingredients are well mixed. (Approx 30 sec)
- Now, reduce the speed to low/medium and add the cocoa powder and mix another 30 sec or just until blended.
- Pour this mix into your prepared pan.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out wet with clumps sticking to it. (Remember all ovens are not alike, so check you cake after about 35 minutes) Don’t overcook this.
- Remove and set on cooling rack until completely cool. (Approx 30 min)
- If edges are high gently push down to make the cake flat.
- Using a flat knife, run around edges to loosen the cake.
- Invert on a wire rack and remove all parchment paper. Be sure to cool cake completely.
- Once cooled completely place on dish and put in refrigerator until it is completely cold all the way through. (Possibly overnight or 6 hours)
How to Glaze: Flourless Chocolate Cake
- After removing cake from refrigerator set on serving plate you intend to use.
- Melt the 4oz of bittersweet chocolate and unsalted butter you set aside for this by placing in a microwave or over low/medium heat in a small bowl placed in a skillet of water on the stove top.
- Heat until mix is smooth and blended well.
- Pour your glaze over the cake and spread with a frosting spatula.
- Refrigerate another 30 – 40 minutes to allow glaze to set.
- Slice cake with a warm knife into small pieces for serving.
Go ahead indulge! You will enjoy this Chocolate delight!
Check out some of our other Chocolate recipes below.
Chocolate Marble Cake
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Check out our Affiliate below for all of your baking needs!
Flourless Chocolate Cake photo above provided by: chocolate cake
on Free desktop pictures
If you have enjoyed this Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe leave us a comment below!