This Twice Baked Potato Recipe is a must for the potato lover. Pair this with a big juicy hamburger like the one in the picture and what a meal! Many times we have ate the baked potato as the meal. These Twice Baked Potatoes will fill you up in a hurry. A ll these wonderful ingredients make this a keeper for your recipe box!
Ingredients for: Twice Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
Directions for: Twice Baked Potato Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the 4 potatoes in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Note: If you prefer you can microwave the potatoes instead because it is way faster and they taste just as good. About three minutes per potato, just check for tenderness. So if you are cooking 4 potatoes in the microwave you will need to cook them for at least 12 minutes. Make sure to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork or knife before microwaving so that they don’t explode.
- While the potatoes are baking place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside on paper towel to absorb all the grease possible.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh so the potato maintains it’s shape; save the skins.
- Add to the potato flesh, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 the green onions, and milk (start with 1/2 cup of milk but you may not need to add it all depending on the consistency you want.) You don’t want them too runny).
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Check out more Potato recipes on the blog.
Oven Roasted Potatoes with Garlic
Asiago Cheese Potatoes
German Fried Potatoes
Photo provided and © by Jeffreyw on Flickr.
Let us know how you like your Twice Baked Potato Recipe in the comment window below.