Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Do you know why they call them a Poke Cake? Well, after we go over the recipe for this Banana Pudding Poke Cake you will understand the name and term poke cake! This looks wonderful and sounds even better! I borrowed this one from my in-laws!
We love banana pudding and this poke cake is no exception. After making this and trying it, well, we will certainly be using this recipe again! This is as moist and delicious banana recipe you will find!
Ingredients: Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Directions: for Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9 x 13 cake.
- Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Then, with a wooden spoon handle, a spatula handle, or some other similarly-sized object, poke holes in the cake.
- Poke holes every inch or so all over the entire cake (It needs to soak up all of the pudding that will be poured on it)
- You want the holes to be large so that the pudding has plenty of room to run down into the cake.
- Be sure to poke all the way down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk.
- Stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour pudding mix over the cake.
- Pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push the pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the refrigerator to set and cool (approx 2 hours).
- Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping.
- Crush the vanilla wafers.
- I put these in a Ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You can use the bottom of a heavy glass or whatever you have on hand.
- Leave some of the pieces big. Use these to garnish with.
- Spread crushed wafers onto the top of the cake. (Do this just before serving to ensure the wafers are crisp)
- Serve with freshly sliced bananas.
- Refrigerate after use.
If you like Banana Pudding try our other recipes below!
Banana Pudding Pie
Homemade Banana Pudding
Don’t forget to get a pretty pan to serve it in!
Now you know what a Banana Pudding Poke Cake is! Enjoy and leave us your thoughts below!