We love Cheesecake here at Back Roads Living and this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars is just a wonderful dessert! The Streusel Topping makes this a tasty Cheesecake and one we think we would truly enjoy! A big cup of coffee or milk is in order here! Enjoy!
Ingredients for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Crust for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
Cheesecake Filling for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Apples for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped (Use your choice of apples)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Streusel Topping for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Directions for Streusel Topping
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.Wash your hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
Directions for: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9 x 13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy!
Poto by: Kimberly Vardeman
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again.