Here at our house we love Casseroles and I am sure if you try it this Cheesy Ham Casserole will be a keeper for your recipe files! Easy dish for a complete meal!
Ingredients for: Cheesy Ham Casserole
- 1 Tbls oil preferably olive
- 1 onion chopped (1 cup)
- 1 Clove Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb Zucchini, cut into 1/2″ cubes (3 cups)
- 1 lb Ham steak cut into 1/2″ cubes, (3 cups)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (1cup)
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
Directions for Cheesy Ham Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Coat shallow 2-Qt baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic oregano and pepper; cook stirring often until onion is softened approx 3 minutes
- Add zucchini; cook stiring often until tender approx 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in ham and rice
- In large bowl beat eggs and milk; stir in ham mixture
- Spoon into baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until center is set (approx 35-40 min)
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Notes: Makes 8 servings
Prep time 15 minutes ~ Ready to serve in 1 hour!
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living