Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
Chicken and Dumplings are hard to beat and when you make a Casserole! Wow, This Chicken and Dumpling Casserole is going to be a favorite!
Ingredients for: Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded ( I use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (the herbed cream of chicken soup if you can find it)
- 3 teaspoons of chicken granules (I use Wylers)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or more to taste (Please read note at bottom before you salt)
Directions for: Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 9 x 13 casserole dish, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Remember, (Do not stir.)
- In small bowl, mix the milk and Bisquick and Slowly pour all over chicken. Remember, (Do not stir.)
- In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, chicken granules and soup. Once they are blended, slowly pour mixture over the Bisquick layer. Remember, (Do not stir.)
- Bake your Casserole for around 30 – 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
Note: There have been a few of our Facebook friends that have made this and said it was too salty. You may either want to cut back on the salt or not use salt altogether.
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living.