This Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake is such a wonderful looking dessert. I have always loved coffee cake and the ones with extra ingredients like nuts ,etc have always been my favorites. This is full of wonderful streusel and topped with a delicious topping.
Nothing beats a wonderful Coffee Cake like this with a gathering of your friends or family around to share it with. Great conversations begin with a good cup of coffee and a good and tasty dessert! This Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake is the perfect dessert for this. Enjoy! 🙂
Ingredients for: Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1½ cups granulated sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar
2½ teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs (Farm Fresh is always best)
¾ cup sour cream
1¼ cups milk (any kind)
3¾ cups flour
Filling for: Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
- 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
½ cup crushed walnuts.
Streusel for: Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
- 1 cup crushed walnuts.
1 tablespoon flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 tbsp butter, cubed
Items needed to make this cake:
(Hand Mixer will do)
for scraping bowl
Photo Coutersy of: “Flickr by: WhatKatiesBaking.com”
For a Zesty Cream Cheese Icing check out this CREAM CHEESE FROSTING”
Cinnamon Powdered Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
Directions for the Glaze:
- Mix all the ingredients together and add milk stirring until desired consistency is reached for drizzling over cake.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened ( We like PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese)
1/4 cup butter, softened (4 Tbsp)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. Confectioners Sugar(16 oz.)
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Directions for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix Cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon together with your paddle attachment on your mixer.
- Add the sugar gradually and mix until well blended.
- If this ends up a little runny set it in the refrigerator until it thickens enough to spread.
We hope you enjoy this Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake. This is just a delicious dessert. Leave us your ideas and recipes to share.