A Delicious Diabetic Apple Pie for the diabetic Friend.
We all know someone who is diabetic and this is a good Diabetic Apple Pie to recommend. We all like a little something to curb our sweet tooth from time to time! Of course we recommend all of our family and friends consult their physicians as to how much and what kind of desserts they can consume. Always ask your doctor for a list of items that are friendly to you. In todays high tech internet there should be web sites your physician can direct you to. Check out our other Diabetic Recipes
Ingredients for: Diabetic Apple Pie
- 1 Basic 9” Double Pie Crust (unbaked)
- 6 cups apples, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions for: Diabetic Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay apple slices inside formed pie crust.
- Heat apple juice on stove and add cornstarch and cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Pour apple juice over apples and cover with top crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until done.
Notes: A lattice crust always looks great on these apple pies!
Here are a couple of toppings I found from our friends over at Pie Maven
There are others if you want to check them out!
Be sure to Enter to Win our FREE Flower and Vegetable Seeds Below!
- 1 1/3 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Pour milk and oil into one measuring cup, do not stir, and add to flour all at once.
- Stir until mixed, and shape into a flattened ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface.
- ¾ cup oats
- 1/2 cup flour (white or wheat or a mixture of both)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup margarine or cream cheese
- 1 tbsp low-fat milk
- Mix oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and margarine until a chunky crumb texture is formed.
- Drizzle in the milk until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Spread topping over pie and bake according to pie recipe. (If topping browns too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.)
Thanks for stopping by Back Roads Living again!
If you have enjoyed our Diabetic Apple Pie or have other suggestions leave us a comment below.