These Asiago Cheese Potatoes look absolutely delicious! We love just about any kind of potato recipe here at Back Roads Living ad especially the ones that are adaptable like the German Fried Potatoes Recipe on our Blog. Potatoes are just such a handy and flexible food it is hard to beat them! We hope you enjoy these Asiago Cheese Potatoes.
Photo and recipe by: thebittenword.com
Serves 5 to 8 (side dish or first course)
Active Time 20 Minutes; Start to finish 1 1/2 hour
Ingredients for: Asiago Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- 16 small red bliss potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1/2 lb Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Garnish: paprika
[clickToTweet tweet=”Asiago Cheese Potatoes Recipe from Back Roads Living, FREE RECIPE” quote=”If you have enjoyed this Asiago Cheese Potatoes Recipe from Back Roads Living ,share us wit your Twitter followers! Thanks for stopping by!”]
Directions for: Asiago Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Generously cover potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt with cold water in a medium pot, then simmer until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.
- Cool to room temperature in refrigerator, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic in oil at a bare simmer in a small heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 12 minutes.
- Drain garlic, reserving oil for another use, then mash to a paste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle.
- Mince basil, then stir together with garlic paste, cheese, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a small melon-ball cutter or a teaspoon, scoop out a hole in each cooled potato, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
- Stuff potatoes with cheese mixture and bake in a pan until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- You can brown them in the broiler but watch close as they will burn quickly.
Note: If you can’t find Asiago Cheese substitute your favorite cheese. Be creative and drop us a line on how you create your favorite dishes!
Let us know how you like these Asiago Cheese Potatoes! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by Back Roads Living again.