Best Lemon Sheet Cake
I love just about anything with lemon in it and this Lemon Sheet Cake is a delicious treat! I found this online and wanted to share it with you. As suspected, it is delicious! With this icing recipe, it will melt in your mouth! Just the way we like em! 🙂
Ingredients for: Best Lemon Sheet Cake
Icing for: Best Lemon Sheet Cake
Directions for: Best Lemon Sheet Cake
- In a large bowl, stir together dry cake mix and pudding mix.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients and eggs that the cake mix calls for plus the buttermilk.(where your box reads the amount of water (1 1/3 cup usually), put in 1 cup water and 1/3 cup lemon juice to make the cake even more lemon tasting if you like)
- Beat with mixer until blended.
- Add to dry mixture and beat until combined.
- Bake in a greased 9×13 baking pan in a preheated 350-degree oven for the time the cake mix box calls for…depending on your oven.
- It will require a couple minutes longer baking time than cake mix box calls for because of the extra moisture produced by the milk.
- Stick a toothpick or butter knife in the center to check for doneness.
- Combine water, oil, powdered sugar and lemon juice with a mixer until smooth.
- Add one more tablespoon of water if consistency isn’t saucy.
- “Glaze” the cake when just a little cooled.
- Do not over glaze it because the icing is sweet.
- Just a THIN layer is required.
Thanks for stopping by and traveling by Back Roads Living with us again and checking out this luscious Lemon Sheet Cake.
Share the recipe with your friends by clicking your favorite SOCIAL SITES buttons below! 🙂